Thursday, April 07, 2011

This Blog is Strangely Warm

I have had this Blog for quite a while, but have not blogged consistently since 2008. Other Social media such as Facebook had taken the place of the blog. I recently have had renewed interest in blogging as a tool for ministry, communication and just general fun. Why Strangely Warm? I have been United Methodist my whole life...let me rephrase that, I have been a Christian since I was a youth, and I have attended various United Methodist churches my entire life. Here is a quote from John Wesley, the Father of Methodism.

In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while the leader was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ alone for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death.
from The Journal of John Wesley, May 24, 1738

When I was 13 I made a commitment to Christ, as my faith has had an ebb and flow through life, I have at times been strangely warmed by the spirit working in my life. No matter what struggles I have had in life, I have always turned to my faith to pull me through. This blog is about many things: faith, family, youth ministry, church, fun, and basically other things that interest me. I have deleted my old posts from a few years back, because I plan on being more intentional in using this blog. So welcome to the journey and I hope that at times your heart also will be "strangely warmed."


No comments: