Saturday, September 03, 2011

A Blessed Life - Year 2


One of my earliest memories happened when I was 2-3 years old. My mother was putting clothes in our washing machine (which was in our unfinished basement), and I was sitting at the top of the stairs leading down to the basement. I remember talking to her (not sure what about, but I'm sure it was very important to my 2 yr old self). I apparently leaned over to far and went tumbling down the stairs.

I remember the big knot on my head and laying on our couch with an icepack. This was the first of many hits to my head through the years. Not sure what this explains or says about me.

As I think back on that (and many other similar experiences) I realize how even at an early age it could have been much worse. I don't understand being spared a much worse accident, but I guess I would just sum it up by saying I am blessed.

I have a friend that when asked, "How are you?" his response is always, "I am blessed". I guess truly we all are blessed in one way or another. It just all depends on how we look at life.

No comments: